Nova Scotia League for Equal Opportunities
NSLEO will not, under any circumstances, recommend Medical Assistance in Dying as an alternative to necessary supports and Services.
The League takes a leading role and is a major contributor to many important and valuable community efforts. We are a cross-disability voice of Nova Scotians with disabilities. Our ongoing activities include:
- Provincial Access Awareness
- Disability Student Scholarships
- Provincial Disability Partnership
- Poverty Reduction Strategy
- Women with Disabilities
- Disability Information Sharing Sessions
- Public and Member Disability Education
- Disability Emergency Preparedness
- United Nations Disability Education
- Provincial Disability Tourism Improvements
- Quality of Life Index Research
- Accessible Housing
- Gender Based Violence
- International Day for Persons with Disabities
United Nations Convention
The Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities is an international human rights treaty of the United Nations intended to protect the rights and dignity of persons with disabilities.
Links and Resources
NSLEO aims to improve accessibility and resources in various aspects of daily life such as businesses, books, communications, meetings, restaurants, transportation, and more to provide a better quality of life for those in need.
We take our initiatives seriously, and want to make our community better with every helping hand. If you would like to join in on one of our events, please contact us!